Accessibility Plan and Policies for RBC Direct Investing Inc.
RBC Direct Investing Inc. (RBCDI) complies with the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards).
Statement of Commitment
RBCDI is committed to:
- providing clients with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services
- allowing clients with disabilities to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in an equitable way as other clients
- providing a professional environment that promotes barrier-free access for all clients as required by applicable legislation
- providing employees and job applicants with reasonable accommodation
- providing information in ways that are accessible to people with disabilities, and
- meeting these commitments in a timely manner
RBCDI provides training to employees and contract workers on the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards) and on the requirements of the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training is provided in a way that best suits the duties of our employees and contract workers.
RBCDI takes the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training noted above:
- A training course is provided and assigned to all employees and contract workers covered under this legislation.
- We keep a record of the training provided under this section.
RBCDI takes steps to ensure employees have regard to the needs of people with disabilities when designing, procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks.
Information and Communications
RBCDI is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Accessible Formats and Communication Supports
RBCDI takes the following steps to provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports, upon request, for persons with disabilities:
- We provide such accessible formats and communication in a timely manner that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs due to disability.
- We provide such accessible formats and communication at a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons.
- We consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
Accessible Websites and Web Content
RBCDI has taken the following steps to make all required internet websites and web content conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA, except where meeting such requirements are not practicable, to meet accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards):
- All required internet web sites and web content on those sites were made to conform with applicable WCAG 2.0 Level AA criteria.
- We post resources on our intranet for employees and contract workers to use in order to meet this requirement.
- We ensure that all employees and contract workers involved in the development or testing of our required internet web sites and web content are aware of and have access to developer or testing guidelines (as applicable) and best practices for meeting this requirement.
RBCDI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and takes the following steps to conform with accessible employment standard requirements:
- We notify the public and employees that, when requested, we accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, selection, and hiring processes and when people are hired.
- We have put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- We ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account in using performance management, career development and re-deployment processes.
- We provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when requested.
These requirements have been incorporated in HR policies as applicable, and are available to all employees and people managers. If other barriers are identified, RBCDI will take additional steps as needed to address them.
RBCDI takes steps to ensure existing processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to people with disabilities.
For More Information
For more information on our accessibility plan, please Contact Us.Accessibility at RBC